A little bit about slavery and anti-slavery
Slavery is officially illegal in all countries, but there are still an estimated 20 million to 30 million slaves worldwide. On top of that, there are a lot more people exploited at work (especially immigrants) - people who have to work extra hours for very low wages. Hopefully, together we will change that.
- Anti-Slavery International is an international nongovernmental organization, registered charity and a lobby group, based in the United Kingdom. Founded in 1839, it is the world's oldest international human rights organization, and the only charity in the United Kingdom to work exclusively against slavery and related abuses.
- Free the Slaves is an international non-governmental organization and lobby group, established to campaign against the modern practice of slavery around the world. It was formed as the sister-organization of Anti-Slavery International.
- Anuradha Koirala, the founder and director of Maiti Nepal – a non-profit organization in Nepal, dedicated to helping victims of sex trafficking
- 'Nepal's Stolen Children' - A CNN Freedom Project Documentary - featuring Demi Moore, 2 July 2011, The CNN Freedom Project
- 'Every Day in Cambodia' - A CNN Freedom Project Documentary - presented by actress Mira Sorvino, documents the appalling plight of children sold into sex slavery, sometimes by their own mothers, and the people fighting to stop the practice - March 21st, 2014
- 'Not My Life' - a 2011 American independent documentary film about human trafficking and contemporary slavery, by Robert Bilheime - he takes his camera to five continents documenting what he calls the true heart of darkness - 
- Trafficking expert Siddharth Kara is a Harvard fellow and author of the award-winning book, "Sex Trafficking: Inside the Business of Modern Slavery." - 
- Disposable People: New Slavery in the Global Economy (2004), by Kevin Bales, the head of Free the Slaves - 
External resources Edit
- The CNN Freedom Project
- Trafficking in Persons (TIP) Report - http://thecnnfreedomproject.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/24/slavery-report-will-name-shame-nations/
- How tourists can help stop child sex trafficking, 28 September 2011, CNN